Monday, January 12, 2009

Anyone care to explain???


Anyone care to explain why I can't just go out and enjoy myself when given a great escape?

Yesterday I experienced the rare alignment of the planets resulting in time for myself -- doing things I enjoy-- from around 1:00 pm until 7:00 pm. I started at Starbucks for a MOMS club meeting and then proceeded to watch Benjamen Button-- a heart-wrenchingly sweet story. It was divine in its own right. Theoretically it was a perfect Sunday. And I had fun with all parties involved.... but....

I missed Aaliyah and Shabbar. I left a quiet life at home of pj's and movie watching. Snuggling on the couch and popcorn with butter and m&m's. I came home feeling melancholy. It may have been the movie or perhaps my stupid hormones or heck maybe it was the full moon but I needed Shabbar to snuggle with me for a while after putting Aaliyah to bed. I had no words for what was wrong but I was just sad.

After about 20 minutes with Shabbar life started looking up again and I ended up crocheting my way to sleep with a smile on my face. I woke up fine and did just what I expected to today-- MOMS club meeting, YMCA (I ran 2 miles) and Taco Bell for Aaliyah and myself before she took her nap. I feel fine today-- no problems with life in general.

SO-- can anyone explain??? What the heck happened to me yesterday that I couldn't enjoy (to the fullest) my away from the family time? Why did I need to cry about it-- but be unable to articulate my sadness to Shabbar-- for 20 minutes, then sleep it off and wake up refreshed for business as usual? Ideas anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment