Friday, January 9, 2009

Clutching-- so good for the Soul











Today was a great day--one of the days I thought (before Aaliyah came along) being a mama was going to be like every day. I'm glad they aren't all this way as it turns out-- where would I get perspective to know the great days from the not-so-great-ones.








I spent the morning baking and wraping and getting Aaliyah ready for an outing... then we went to Steph's house to coffee clutch. Aaliyah played with Isaac and Trent this morning like children are supposed to play! No fighting, no crying. They took turns playing dolls then trucks then games then ate their snack. Meanwhile us moms, sat and drank coffee and laughed our butts off then discussed books then talked of moving to the country and gardening and raising cows then how we were going to make a million dollars selling homemade crafts on etsy.com.

When it was time to go, Aaliyah came down the steps got her jacket and shoes and hugged Isaac goodbye and then we got in the car to drive home. Aaliyah sang a few songs with the radio and dropped off to sleep with a smile on her face. I took my nap time today to talk with Shabbar and craft a little. And here we are at 4:00 pm and we're ready to snuggle as we watch Gilmore Girls then get supper on the table.








This is the day that belongs to the model family in Real Simple Magazine. This is the day that belongs in Good Housekeeping circa 1955. The food came from the Betty Crocker recipe book and this amazing act of play between the children belongs in a Dr. Spock case study.








2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! I had a BALL today and I said the same thing to Steve. Friday was like a "perfect world" morning! MY GIRLS came over, we had coffee and cake and sat around for a good long time doing nothing productive, the children were miraculous and deliciously well-behaved...I got presents! :) I got to go out on a date with my husband! The only thing better would have been if an on-call massage therapist had come over and given me a hot stone treatment during the kids' naptimes!
    LOVE the blog! HEY! I still need to learn how to put pictures on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! That is so weird! OBVIOUSLY you know that post was from me! I don't know why it came up under Steve's blog account! That is so wrong! :) Seriously. That is so weird!

    ReplyDelete