Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 31, my seemingly monthly update is due! Eid Mubarak!

Wow!  The last time I blogged, Ramadan was just about to start.  I guess it is appropo that I am blogging once again-- exactly a month later and Ramadan just passed.  Today was Eid.  Yay!  Eid Mubarak to you all.  So much has happened in the last month.  Where to start....
  • Shabbar's mom is doing well with the cancer.  She has zipped through 2 rounds of chemo and tomorrow is round number 3.  Shabbar and Aaliyah are there to be with her and to celebrate Eid.
  • We have harvested 20 pounds of tomatoes and I don't see signs of that letting up.
  • We have harvested many peppers (both Hungarian Wax and Jalepeno's)
  • We have pickled green beans and pickled peppers.
  • We have preserved 4 quarts of tomato juice and 9 pints of crushed tomatoes.
  • We have dehydrated one gallon of apples and have three gallons sitting on my counter and MANY more in the yard ready to process (I'm thinking cider, applesauce and dehydrated rings)
  • I have had two rounds to date of false labor.  I am just hoping I make it to Sept. 29 at this point.
  • I have read 1 1/2 books on home organization and have thoroughly enjoyed making my system and going through the exercises.  These are the books I've used thus far:
    • Side Tracked Home Executives by Pam Young and Peggy
    • The Happiness File also by Pam Young and Peggy
  • We have started Aaliyah in Quranic classes with the kind Moulana Taqi out of Jaipur India.  He meets with her 3 mornings a week via Skype.  It is going well, and has been a learning experience for us all so far ;)
  • Tonight I met Aapi's first grade teacher-- a sweet, kind, soft spoken teacher whom I can't wait to find out more about-- but alas will have to wait until Tuesday since she will be missing her first and second day of school due to Eid and celebrations in Chicago.
  • Babu is talking more and more and getting cuter and cuter.  He got his first big boy haircut a few weeks ago and is getting closer to his terrible two's by the second!  Restaurants are out of the question without some type of crying and removal from said restaurant these days. 
Life is zooming right along and I can't wait for our next adventure!  The induction for miracle baby #3 has been set to Sept. 29... so less than a month to go!  Hope I make it and hope all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment